1.2.3 Problem definition.
The problem definition as I have defined, consist an objective, and three central questions. The objective answers the question: (1) why I will examine, (2) for whom I examine and (3) what I will examine. These central questions have been diverted into sub-questions that will guide the examination through the research process.
My objective of this White Paper (MBA Thesis) is to develop a corporate brand model for international orientated organizations. Reason for research is the strategy transition, from a local responsiveness strategy to a transnational strategy and inherent to this movement the need for corporate branding.
Corporate branding forms often a marketing strategy objective and it forms an integral focus among all business units. Research design of this White Paper (MBA Thesis) needs to be based on the current marketing principles with a strong relation towards corporate branding. It should deliver a deepening of brand strategy knowledge and a pragmatic contribution to brand management.
Four control questions concerning related to the research objective:
- Is it relevant?
- The need of corporate integration aims at a deepening of corporate branding. The research can complete actual knowledge with new insights and additional knowledge. With that in mind, the research delivers a relevant contribution.
- Is it feasible?
- The research will be carried out on an objectively and independently manner within the time span as foreseen. Actual literature is sufficient and relevant knowledge can be drawn out of that. All these necessary resources are within a hand reach to realize the research within the given period.
- Is it unambiguous?
- Objective and cause of research are clear defined; the research has been addressed and recognized as a critical factor of the new growth strategy. Furthermore, wishes, requirements and clients are well known. The objective has been decisively formulated, with that the research is unambiguous.
- Does it generate additional information?
- The objective refers to a deepening of corporate branding and strategic brand management. With that, it is clear which type knowledge and information is going to be generated. From that perspective, it generates additional information.