4.5 Critical Success factors and pitfalls
Whether all recommendations will lead to instant success depends on many factors. Nonetheless I am fully confident that all above mentioned recommendations will contribute significantly to better brand performance and to a more structured and transparent marketing and communication organization. Last but not least I would like to emphasize both size of the coin by highlighting the critical success factor and pitfalls.
Critical success factors can be addressed as;
- Effectiveness of implementation.
- Understanding of urgency and reason for change.
- MT Management support and trust.
- BU management support and trust.
- Willingness of employees.
- First quick wins.
Pitfalls can be addressed as;
- Doing nothing and continuing today what we have done yesterday.
- Implementing without full understanding and support of MT and local business unit managers.
- Implementing without proper preparation, milestones and Deming-cycles (Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle)
- Implementing without ownership, accountability and responsibility.
So far so good…the next step is going to be the most complicated one: setting up a congruent and consistent corporate branding process which guides you and your organisation into the next phase of competitive differentiation and a profitable future.
Good luck to you and your marketing team in your quest for operational, tactical and strategic implementation of your corporate branding process.
Ronald van Haaften